Rep. William Jefferson appointed to Homeland Security Committee

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Republicans are raising hell about this, and for once I don't blame them.

CNN

No argument here. This definitely sends the wrong message. Nancy Pelosi's rationale (deeper in the article) doesn't wash for me.

2. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

The appointment definitely has a certain stench to it.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Jefferson is a bought off Crook, He should be evicted out of Congress. Just the fact that the FBI didnt prosecute this guy is fishy as hell. Our whole govt it seems is dirty. 90,000 grand in the frige? Gonzales again.

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

meh. more damage to her reputation than good that does to the committee, i'd reckon.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

After witnessing first-hand homeland security in action yesterday during University of Missouri-Rolla's bomb/anthrax scare, they need to make some huge changes to homeland security, and get competent people. This guy is definitely a step back. It shouldn't take 14 hours to determine that a white powder is powdered sugar, especially if you have 23 people in quarantine wondering if they're infected with a deadly bacteria or not :rolleyes:

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

oi! that's overly long. i hadn't heard about this incident, have you a link?

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I have as much faith in Jefferson on homeland security as I do with Bush & Borders meaning ZERO. Let me see, winner of political elections get the ability to screw over the American People. Thats the prize.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

thank you! interesting stuff. and what a baaaaad idea.

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Look at all you liberals defending him just because he's a Democrat.

Except, you know, you aren't. And neither am I. Just like I didn't when he was first caught. Just like none of you did. Just wanted to head that off for those who want to act as if we're as bad as those who defended the corruption on their side were.

Though this doesn't exactly help the Dems case that their side is any less corrupt, at least the rest of us can criticize when they screw up.

12. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

No, and while she's better than Tom DeLay, I find it frustrating that Nancy Pelosi seems to be constantly taking two steps forward and then one step back.

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Jefferson hasn't been charged with anything and is still denying wrongdoing. Something's fishy, though.

Even with just the faint scent of scandal, this is a horrible idea. But this case reeks of it.