Repair PB 15" Good experience!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by spacepower7, Feb 24, 2005.

1. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

May 6, 2004
    I took my PB 1.25 in to get the lcd fixed. Mine was covered by Applecare and an Apple "Opps we screwed up" additional recall. The whole white spot issue.

I have had a great repair experience, which are rarely reported bc happy customers are not as vocal as angery customers.

I gave my PB to my local Apple store around 5pm Monday. They mailed it, they fixed it and tried to return it on Wednesday. I was not home but I recieved it on Thursday. I thought that since they only had it in the shop for less than 24 hour (from the status report) that it might have been ignored and sent back to me.

They fixed the screen and it looks better than any laptop that i have ever seen. Not as good as my 20 cinema display, but still better than expected. The new PB LCD looks great.

Just wanted to post a positive experience with apple repair

2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    Apple is very good at having a fast turn around. Ship out one day, fixed the next, back in your hands the next day. The only time that it always ends up longer is if you go though a third party, such as a reseller. That is why Apple has be pretty harsh with them lately, because service at some of the places have been less than what Apple likes. Hope no other troubles come to your PB.