Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sam-i-am

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
I was trying to get NTFS write abilities to work. Someone suggested installing ntfosx from sourceforge, which I did. Well, ntfsox actually only gives the ability to READ NTFS drives, and it doesn't even do that since it was written several years ago. It seems to have killed my ability to read NTFS drives, even after uninstalling. How can I restore this capability?

khisayruou

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2004
See if this helps you out: NTFOSX serious problem

There is nothing on Mac that will give you write capabilites to an NTFS drive. Your best bet is to use Fat32 or use Mac Drive to read/write to your mac hdd. Let us know if it fixes your problem, its sad that there is a warning by the developer but there is no instruction on correcting the problem.

sam-i-am

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Yea I think that guy read the same thing I did - a forum that suggests using ntfosx to gain write capability. I wonder how many others have done it and jacked up their computers.

Anyway, yea I did the reinstall restore thing. I was pleasantly surprised when my computer came back up like nothing had happened and now I had NTFS read abilities again. Nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.