Replace my lcd monitor for crt?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nyprospect, Feb 1, 2006.

1. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Hmmm.I have a 17 inch shuttle lite.I love this monitor but im worried about it developing dead pixels or bright pixels.I have had this monitor for a year but i have it on for several hours.I was thinking of selling it to get a crt monitor .Would any one ever switch back to a crt from an lcd?

2. Toreador93 macrumors regular

I personally would never do it, unless for some reason I become an imaging professional.

Generally, dead/stuck pixels are not that bothersome unless they are in the middle of the screen (have you ever seen one?). Also, dead/stuck pixels don't usually occur over time. If you haven't had one in a year, you probably won't get one (save for failing transistors).

I usually leave my lcd on all day. The screen saver kicks in, and then power-saver puts the monitor on stand-by. I don't think you have to worry about developing dead pixels.

Finally, why did you move to LCD in the first place? If you are not bothered by it's bulk, heft, and the inability to get the damned pincushion setting right after hours of fiddling, the CRT is right for you.

3. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

You have nothing to worry about. An LCD monitor is not going to just develop dead/stuck pixels over night from too much use. I run mine at least 8 hours a day, every day of the week. Have had it for over 3 years now. No problems so far. You're safe. Don't worry.

4. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey thanks guys for the advice.I actually switched from a kds crt monitor.I loved that crt but i love lcd's more so thats why i switched.I hate the bulk and dust all over it.I saw bright pixels when i installed a video card.turns out it was a cheap card .I removed it and installed an ati 9600 and they vanished.Well thanks so much for the feedback:)