replacement apple power brick

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by zaphoyd, Sep 10, 2004.

1. zaphoyd macrumors regular

Jun 25, 2002
    The power brick cord on my powerbook has been wearing quite thin lately. If it tries to deliver too much charge it overheats and shuts itself off.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good place to buy a replacement. Preferably one of the newer apple power bricks with the reinforced wires and 65W support.

My other question is does anyone know if you can get JUST the power brick, as the little brick plug and the long plug still work fine.

Would my old 2 prong cord work with the new power adaptors which seem to have 3 prong cords.

thanks a bunch,
  2. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

Jan 24, 2004
    East Lansing, MI
    My brick went south about 2 months ago - got real hot, wouldn't deliver charge, reeked of battery acid - and I took it in to the Apple Store and they gave me a new brick (I kept the other cords you are referring to). This was for my 1Ghz Tibook which was under warranty.
  3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    Mine went bad too. I just sucked it up and headed over to the local Apple retailer and bought a new one. (My cord/wire "cracked", which was prob do to normal wear and tear, and not Apple's responsibility.)

I wont recemend anything other than Apple parts, esp for power.

Check out, you maybe able to find just the adapter on there. Good luck