Replacement Display ETA?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Horrortaxi, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I was just on the phone with Apple Care regarding a vertical line running the length of my display (17" lcd). It doesn't show on a white background, but it changes colors against darker colors. Is that a row of pixels stuck on, or some other strange thing? Anyway, the Apple Care guy said I have to send it in (which is exactly what I thought he'd say). He didn't have any idea about turnaround time. I've heard lots of stories about iPods and smaller things being replaced in under a week, but I've never heard about a display. Anybody know?

2. Horrortaxi thread starter macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Just a follow up in case anybody is curious or does a search for this kind of thing later. I called Apple Care Monday afternoon (PST) and received my prepaid shipping crate on Wednesday. I packed up the monitor and took it to Airbourne (they have a facility 1 mile away) the same day. This morning (Friday) I received my repaired monitor back. It wasn't replaced, as I suspected they'd do, but it was repaired. This is very very impressive, and is right in line with what other people have reported with Apple Service. So can we now officially debunk "PC Weenie Myth #385: Apple's Warranty Service Sucks"?