Replacement drive for mac mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by R.Youden, Nov 16, 2009.

1. macrumors 68020

Apr 1, 2005
    I have just listed my mac mini on eBay and I have found out that the DVD drive has died, bugger!

Does anyone have a link to a UK based reseller where I can buy a replacement DVD drive from. I tried eBuyer and Amazon but couldn't find anything that I though was suitable. I am sure someone will prove me wrong however!
  2. Moderator emeritus

Dec 10, 2008
    What Mini is it? If it's an old one, you could just sell it with broken SuperDrive or buy a hard drive and replace the SuperDrive with that (SuperDrives are hard to find). eBay might be your best and only choice now
  3. thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 1, 2005
    It is a mac mini core duo (1.83GHz) so it is only a year or so old.
  4. macrumors G4

Sep 7, 2006
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    #4;jsessionid=aeDxaeCvhyM6Er7j_t?iid=963523 $65. (sorry, missed the UK based part). Its an external but the internal drive is a UJ845 which should fit the bill. You could always leave it in the case or retrofit it into the mini.

IMHO, I would just list the machine as with broken drive. Its not worth spending money on something that you are selling.
  5. macrumors 6502

Apr 23, 2009
    The Highlands, Scotland
    I have a working naked used internal Superdrive (pulled from a Mac mini Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83 GHz) for sale if you like. Apple branded UJ-846-C with ATAPI/IDE interface, 12.5mm thin, slot-loading, etc, etc,.

I'm in the UK. PM me with questions, and we can discuss specs, pictures, delivery and prices!