Replacement drive for mac mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by R.Youden, Nov 16, 2009.

1. macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I have just listed my mac mini on eBay and I have found out that the DVD drive has died, bugger!

Does anyone have a link to a UK based reseller where I can buy a replacement DVD drive from. I tried eBuyer and Amazon but couldn't find anything that I though was suitable. I am sure someone will prove me wrong however!

2. Moderator emeritus

Hellhammer

What Mini is it? If it's an old one, you could just sell it with broken SuperDrive or buy a hard drive and replace the SuperDrive with that (SuperDrives are hard to find). eBay might be your best and only choice now

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

It is a mac mini core duo (1.83GHz) so it is only a year or so old.

4. macrumors G4

flopticalcube

http://www.compuvest.com/Desc.jsp;jsessionid=aeDxaeCvhyM6Er7j_t?iid=963523 $65. (sorry, missed the UK based part). Its an external but the internal drive is a UJ845 which should fit the bill. You could always leave it in the case or retrofit it into the mini.

IMHO, I would just list the machine as with broken drive. Its not worth spending money on something that you are selling.

5. macrumors 6502

mooblie

I have a working naked used internal Superdrive (pulled from a Mac mini Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83 GHz) for sale if you like. Apple branded UJ-846-C with ATAPI/IDE interface, 12.5mm thin, slot-loading, etc, etc,.

I'm in the UK. PM me with questions, and we can discuss specs, pictures, delivery and prices!