Replacement for Win NT Web Tools on Mac OSX

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by danielruiz, Oct 27, 2002.

1. danielruiz macrumors newbie

I have two programs that I use on a daily basis on NT that I haven't found a suitable replacements for on OSX; Homesite (html text editor) and Soucesafe (version control system). I would like to make the full jump to OSX dropping NT completely but until I find suitable replacements it's not going to happen. I tried using bbedit as a homesite replacement but it doesn't even come close (sorry bbedit fans but test homesite sometime and you'll see what I mean) and as far as Sourcesafe, I don't even know where to start. So if your currently working on OSX after using these on NT and have suitable software replacements (as good as or better) for Homesite or Soucesafe please post what they are.

Thanks

2. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

I've used BBEdit and HomeSite extensively, and they are both equally capable programs, with remakably different execution. If you keep poking around in BBEdit, you'll discover that it is on par with Homesite.

As for cvs, we have all the unix cvs tools available via fink, full WebDAV support, and prolly a few GUI solutions.

If you havn't been to versiontracker.com yet, that's where you should start looking.

3. vincentmeanie macrumors newbie

ever since allare (sp) was purchased dreamweaver asorbed all the features of homesite and more, I like the mac version of dreamweaver MX better than the PC version I was using before.