Replacement iBook and Applecare

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rose red, Sep 5, 2005.

1. rose red macrumors member

I am waiting for a replacement iBook (long story!!!) and I have a question about Applecare. Does the Applecare transfer to this computer, do I have to start again, or is it another "negotiable" arrangement with Apple? I don't feel like talking to them at the moment.

2. gopher macrumors 65816

It is somewhat negotiable. I got a replacement Powerbook which ended up having the same expiration date as the original Powerbook. I was also able to purchase a new AppleCare plan which basically took me through 3 years from the date I got my replacement. I would discuss it with them.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It would seem to me that the AppleCare would switch from the old Mac to the new one. If it was me I would give Apple a call. Sorry about you problem.

4. rose red thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the replies. I'll call Apple later in the week. I only want to deal with one thing at a time, and today it was TNT whose tracking system seems to show my iBook going backwards, but it should be delivered on wednesday. Looking forward to opening the box again, it's very addictive.