Replacement iMac 27 2012???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Trojans, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Trojans, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012

macrumors member

Sep 11, 2012
    My original iMac 27 has a high pitched noise issue, so I called Apple and they agreed to replace for me. Currently, the replacement iMac is on its way and scheduled to be delivered the day after Christmas.

I have to say Apple customer service is really superior. They put me on top of list and also use fastest shipping option available for the replacement.

I will post more detail when I receive the replacement. :D
  2. macrumors member

Nov 16, 2008
    That's really good service. When did you call to get the replacement and where are you located? I called Thursday because my new 27 is noisy as well but the replacement is not due until late January / early February. :(
  3. macrumors regular

Jan 31, 2008
    same noise problem, me too .. january maybe ? but expected as its xmas time lol
  4. macrumors newbie

Nov 30, 2012
    I have the same problem with my iMac 2012, too.
    I also called Apple and mine will be picked up by DHL tomorrow.
    When it arrives at Apple, they will send me a new one!
  5. macrumors 6502a

Aug 1, 2010
    some noise problems with mine too it sounds like a refrigerator lol, they said theyd would put me on top the list too and will send me a replacement however i get to keep the one im currently using till the new comes in... i check on my apple account and my order says processing hopefully we wont have to wait really long to get our replacements.
  6. macrumors 68040

Nov 3, 2011
  7. macrumors regular

Dec 10, 2012