Replacement iPod Headphones

Discussion in 'iPod' started by monke, Dec 12, 2006.

1. monke macrumors 65816

monke

How does one order replacement headphones from Apple? Is it possible?

Just the other day the left earbud stopped working in my headphones, and I was wondering about the possibility of getting new ones.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

If your iPod is still under warranty or reasonably close, you can go here to order a free replacement (hang old to the broken set, they may want them back as proof).

If you're out of warranty, they will want $25 or so through the repair site. The standard earbuds are also now sold through the regular Apple store, search for MA662 (exact model number depends on country, but that string ought to work in all of them).

3. monke thread starter macrumors 65816

monke

Thanks. The iPod isn't really under warranty any more. I believe I got around the beginning of November last year.

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Try the support thing first anyway (it will warn you ahead of time if they intend to charge), sometimes they are flexible about the timing.

5. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yeah, I would fill out the form anyhow...just be honest, they will probably help you out.

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I wouldn't waste your time. Just go get some Sony in-ear buds for $20-40. Much better phones than Apple's.

7. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Yeah, first thing I did was replaced them with "Sennheiser PX 100". BIG difference.

~e

8. xPismo macrumors 6502a

xPismo

9. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Seconded. PX200s are good too - more robust, but not quite as good as PX100 in the sound department.

10. monke thread starter macrumors 65816

monke

I've got a pair of Shure e2c's, but I need another cheap-o pair for regular use. I hate using Shure e2c's regularly because when people are talking I hardly notice. :rolleyes: :D

Edit: I just entered my serial # and all that other info, and the payment: $29.50!!! Little steep. Looks like I won't be getting new ones.

11. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

Maybe eclipse525 or Dunepilot will sell you one of their unused sets for cheap :D

12. Kelleheretic macrumors newbie

Kelleheretic

If you have an Apple Store nearby, they will replace them for free, no questions asked at the Genius Bar. I've done that 4 times now. Just bring the old ones and tell them that they don't work.

13. Mr B macrumors member

Mr B

I second this, I can't ever go back to the earbuds now.