Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Hey guys, I’m hoping you can help me solve my problem. When I sent in my iPod nano 1st generation for the recall back in November, I had Apple ship the replacement iPod to my university, thinking that it would arrive before school closed for winter break.

As luck would have it, my replacement (6th gen!) iPod nano is arriving tomorrow — but my university housing office’s last day of accepting shipments before closing was today.

I called up FedEx to see what they could do about it, and they suggested that I put the shipment on hold at one of their shipment centers. I did so, but they limited the locations where the nano could be dropped off to those near university, and are only willing to hold the product for 5 days. After those 5 days, FedEx will be shipping my nano back to Apple.

So in conclusion, what will Apple do with my returned shipment? Will they try to ship it again? The housing office won’t be able to accept any packages again until January 6th.

Thanks for any help you guys might be able to offer me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.