Replacement Keys for 12" powerbook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by doug.hall, Feb 18, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

Does anyone know where I can get replacement keys or the plastic scissor mounts underneith each key for a 12" powerbook?

Thanks...

2. macrumors newbie

No idea....but I do have a 2 and a 1/2 year old water damaged 12" Al that I will sell you for dirt cheap if you want to buy that and just use it for keys.

3. macrumors 6502

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/

I had a 12" that had juice spilled on it. When it was dry and cleaned, the keys still stuck and were slow in response. I bought a new keyboard from these guys. 100% recommend them! Good price and fast shipping from Arizona to Toronto. As for individual keys, they do sell them, but you'd be better off with the full keyboard.

4. macrumors newbie

snak-pak

individual keys

There is a guy on eBay selling individual keys, for $8 or $10 each. So about the same price as the powerbookmedic.com site (thank for the previous link!). Buying an individual key is the only way to get the white connector underneath.

I ordered a 'W' key and it worked fine, but then a few days later I spilled coffee on the keyboard and broke two more keys trying to dry it off. So I might have to buy a whole new keyboard anyway. !@#$!@ hehe.

5. macrumors member

I've got an entire 15" keyboard except for the W key. I had to replace my keyboard. Of course its backlit, so I dunno if the keys are still the same with the 12".