replacement rubber feet for iBook?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by dfinn, Aug 5, 2005.

1. dfinn macrumors member

the little rubber feet on the bottom of my iBook sure seem to fall off easy. where can I get replacements and is there any trick to getting them to stay on there better?

2. rccola70 macrumors regular

3. MacHarne macrumors 6502

While we were in Boston, my friend took his 17" PB to the Apple Store because the rubber pads came off. The Genius looked at it, told my friend to give him a few minutes, and (after a few minutes) gave my friend back his PB with new rubber feet. No charge.

4. raddsigns macrumors member

I just bought some on eBay for about $6.00 - they were the exact replacements. They actually just showed up today and work perfect on my wife's iBook.

5. Arcus macrumors 6502a

I bought a ton off of ebay a while ago in anticipation of losing alot. The first ones I put in from ebay are still there. They seem better than the originals.

6. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

the apple store i work at would just replace them for free, assuming they had some on hand (which they are almost guarenteed to have).

take your laptop to the nearest apple store, they would do the same i'm sure.

7. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

I'd go with the radtech paws , they do raise the computer enough to get air flowing underneath to help cool it. they dont come of that easily and add a nice cushion to heavy handed typers...
    I have them on my PB and I noticed it does helps cool it, not huge amounts but enough to be noticable ;)

8. gregorydanger macrumors member

One of mine fell off. I took it to the Apple store and they replaced it free of charge.

9. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

What's your location? We've got some at work I could post them out to you if you're in the UK.