Replacing a Nokia 3320

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Scartissue, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Scartissue macrumors member

Dec 23, 2004
    Well, after it fell down some stairs, my Nokia 3320 is officially dead. Not too bothered really, since it was a bit **** to be honest (apart from any lost data, but i'll come onto that in a minute).

I'm now in the position of being a UK Orange Pay-as-you-go Customer (none of which I want to change) looking for a replacement. Value is the watch word here; All I need is a color screen, compatabiltiy with my sim card so I can keep my number (thats how it works right?), a reasonable camera, and some useful features. preferrably not a Nokia, after this. What sort of stuff should I be looking at?
  2. Conthemon macrumors newbie

Jun 16, 2006
    sorry to say but you're in the wrong forum my man. This is MAC forum. Try googling cell phone forums. P
  3. codo macrumors 6502

May 17, 2006
    England, United Kingdom
    I have been with Orange PAYG for years now, and I still feel it’s the best service.

Vodafone are stupidly priced and you don’t see any improved service for this unjustified cost. (Plus I LOVE my Orange Wednesdays with student discounts ;))

I had been a Nokia customer, many times, but two months ago I purchased a Sony Ericsson K750i as it had been drastically reduced to £120 as Sony Ericsson have released their next generations of phones. Check out - You honestly won’t regret it - such a good phone. Much better than any of the 5 Nokias I have owned. :)
  4. fatties macrumors regular

May 21, 2006
    sorry to be rude but what i don't understand is why you don't take advantage of a good contract deal? granted you are locked in for like 12 months but there are deals out there that give you months free rental! i got a v3i for free from carphone/ o2 with 1/2 price rental, 250 minutes and 100 text. that works out to be less than 20 quid a year including a new phone. granted they claim to give to the money back every quarter, but hey? doesn't that still work out cheaper?

i suggest you look online for a cheap contract deal because no matter how much you pay for pay as you go, i think unless you are like never using it you can get a much better deal on contract.

btw i know for a fact you can get a better deal than i am getting as well. i was well gutted when they had 12 out of 12 months free rental on orange on my phoine in april/may