Replacing a Pismo's Hard Drive?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by pinks, Jun 4, 2003.

1. pinks macrumors regular

Here's the news in brief:

...My Pismo's out of memory...

I upgraded to MacOSX 10.2 at the start of the week (which is working beautifully). However, when I tried to download the 10.2.6 upgrade yesterday I found that it couldn't download due to a lack of memory.

Now, having started investigating harddrive upgrades, I've become a little overwhelmed at the vast range availble.

What I would love to know, though, is if anyone has any particular suggestions for HDD upgrades (Toshiba, Fujistu, etc), any specifications I should be particularly looking for, and your advice on whether I should be getting this replacement done professionally or whether its safe to replace a hard drive myself. I'm looking for between 40-60Gb, because I do video editing, etc, etc. Also, if this should be done by a Pro, any recommendations in the London (UK) area?

Note: I've looked on the Apple Supprt website, and searched the MR archive, and can't find any info on this.

I thank you all in advance, as usual.

-Al

2. pinks thread starter macrumors regular

Many thanks for the document m'lady. That'll help me when I have to install my new 40Gig IBM travelstar HDD which I bought today.

Take care.

Al

3. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

You certainly made the right choice!

4. vniow macrumors G4

Oh hell yeah, I put that same drive in my iBook and it was the best thing I could have done to speed it up![​IMG]

5. pinks thread starter macrumors regular

Excellent news!

I love it when a plan comes together! :D

Al