Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VicRattlehead

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2006
i have an old TiBook 667/512/48g, that the HD crashed, it got the click-o-death, a few years ago so i put it away for future use. well fastforward to now, mom needs something that she can use to check her email and do a little web surfing nothing big. i need help finding a drive for it. I dont know where to buy this stuff, im a car guy summitracing has everything for my car, computers are not my strong side please help. i also think it could use some ram where and what to get for that too.

RR08EvoX

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
check ebay.

fyi, installing ram and a new hard drive in the titanium powerbooks is extremely easy, its one of the best apple laptops for upgrading

check http://www.ifixit.com for instructions

lil' brudder

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I agree, it is super easy to upgrade the tibook. Just remove the ~4 screws from the bottom (I can't recall how many) and slide the bottom off to access the hard drive. Ram is also really easy. Just pull down the two clips on the keyboard and lift the keyboard up to access the ram. I would recommend getting both RAM and a hard drive on newegg.com. The hard drive will be a 2.5" ATA/66. The RAM will be 144-pin PC133 and the maximum amount of RAM supported is 1GB I believe. Hopefully this will make things easier for you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.