Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tidus87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Hi guys,

I have a quick question. I bought my iPhone 6S in the country where we don't have an Apple Store (imported from the UK). I'm not happy with it as the backlighting is very uneven (top part of the screen a lot darker). Still using my iPhone 6. Anyway, I'll be traveling to London soon. Can I just walk in and ask them to replace my 6S with the new one or I must create Genius Bar appointment before coming?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
If they have the 6S you want in stock you certainly can exchange it. As long as you are within the return period.

Tidus87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Thanks for the answer. Return period? I thought i have one year guaranty and uneven backlighting is definitely a flaw. It's not like I changed my mind and I want to get my money back ;) I will be in London around 18.10 and I bought 6S on 25.09 :/ Is the return period 30 days?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Yes you have a one year warranty. So you actually want to get it replaced at the Genius Bar? Hen you just need to set up an appointment. I'm not sure what UK return policy is whether it is a 14 day or 30 days. Here in US its 14 days.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Yes you have a one year warranty. So you actually want to get it replaced at the Genius Bar? Hen you just need to set up an appointment. I'm not sure what UK return policy is whether it is a 14 day or 30 days. Here in US its 14 days.

It's 14 days in the UK as well. I do think that's kind of stingy on Apple's part as pretty much all other retailers give you 30 days. That said I would still buy Apple over other brands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.