Replacing iPod mini?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jmckechnie, Mar 13, 2007.

1. jmckechnie macrumors member

jmckechnie

I have an iPod mini and sadly, it has died. Good new though, I have applecare for it! My question is, I'm sending it in to apple for repair but they no longer offer the mini. Will they upgrade it to a nano?

2. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

Nano is hardly an upgrade: not much increase in capacity (if at all, depending on the model), no firewire sync, and the Nano does not come with a belt clip. I am holding on to my Mini until the "wheels fall off" :).

Sorry for not having answered your direct question, though

3. jmckechnie thread starter macrumors member

jmckechnie

hahaha, trust me if I could keep the mini I would. But it would be nice to be "upgraded" to a smaller unit with a more colorful screen.

4. calculus Guest

calculus

Who knows, they may have some minis hanging around still...

5. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

mini=best loooking ipod ever. apart from iphone.

6. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

They're not going to upgrade you. I recently had a 1st gen iPod Mini replaced, and I didn't get an upgrade.

7. sonofjabba macrumors member

You may get a refurbed unit as a replacement. Or they actually might fix your old one.

Mini's are the best You can do all types of Evil upgrades to them. Large Cap batteries, solid state hard drives now they make them in 16GB!!! Although I'd have more money in my mini doing that than my video. :D Mini's are one of the best ipod concept that apple released. Shame they stopped making them.