Replacing mp3 with ACC in playlists automaticly

Discussion in 'iPod' started by darwen, Jun 7, 2006.

  1. darwen macrumors 6502a

    darwen

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2005
    Location:
    California, US
    #1
    This may be a totally ridiculous request but...

    I have about 97% of my library in iTunes as ACC files. The other 3% are my more popular songs that I have recently ripped into iTunes and saved as mp3 files. Is there a way to convert them to ACC and also make the ACC files replace the mp3 files in playlists? Have no idea what songs are in what playlists and I don't want to go through about 100 songs to figure it out.
     
  2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2002
    Location:
    Gone but not forgotten.
    #2
    You'll want to re-rip them. You would lose more quality by trying to convert them from .mp3 to AAC.

    If the bit rate is different, you can create a smart playlist based on that latest bit rate.
     
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

    mad jew

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2004
    Location:
    Adelaide, Australia
    #3
    There's a Convert Selection function in the Advanced menu which will change music files to the format and bitrate selected in your Import settings in iTunes Preferences. However, converting from one compressed format to another is generally a bad idea because you'll only ever lose quality. I'd leave them as they are, as bousozoku said. :)
     

Share This Page