Replacing my Zen Micro

Discussion in 'iPod' started by idkfa, Apr 14, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

Sorry if this is not in the right forum... this is my first thread:

I hope someone could give me some advice with a certain dilema. I purchased a 5Gb Creative Zen Micro last July when I was still an avid PC user. I switched to Mac when I bought my iBook this past January.

Here is the problem: I need/want to continue to have a small and portable mp3 player for times when I cannot keep my iBook in my back pocket. :p

I have no interest in the 5G iPods, as I only require enough songs to last me through the day, as I will have enough on my iBook to transfer over when I get bored. I am interested in the iPod nano (maybe even white!! No one I know has one. :D ), but I am not sure if it is worth it as of yet. Does anyone know of a better program than XNJB for using the Zen Micro on a Mac, or even future iTunes support?

I really don't want to get rid of my Zen; I love it... maybe a bit too thick though... :p , but I love iTunes and my iBook more.

Cheers.

2. macrumors 6502

xy14

I'll trade your Zen Micro for my iPod nano (1gb) + $30 iTunes Card

3. macrumors 604

kretzy

This isn't the Marketplace and that is not a good trade - 1GB for 5Gb.

I would just continue to use the Zen until I got really sick of it or it broke. Alternatively you could sell it and put the money towards a Nano. ;)

4. thread starter macrumors regular

I know. :D Even though I bought it a year ago, I still paid $280 (CAD), along with the $70 (CAD) extended warranty. I may just give it to my girlfriend and buy a nano.

Is there anyway to use the Zen with iTunes? I know that Creative and Apple both seem to hate each other, but I can still hope!

5. macrumors 604

kretzy

There's a plug-in here that apparently lets you do it.

6. macrumors 6502a

my friend was in the exact same situation.

he had a zen micro and saw my old mini and i convinced him to buy a nano. they're pretty sweet.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!!

It works... No nano for me for awhile...:mad: :D :confused:

8. macrumors 604

kretzy

I don't know whether to say thanks or apologise. :D