replacing new drive with cloned drive help asap!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wreckthisplace, Jan 2, 2006.

1. wreckthisplace macrumors newbie

Jan 2, 2006

i've run into a problem i need help with asap if thats possible.
    i made a copy of my drive with carbon copy cloner and was planning on formatting my drive, partitioning it and then replacing my newer drive with my cloned one. i made sure the partition would have enough room for the older drive.

i'm not sure how to go about this so i tried replacing the app, library, system and users folder with the ones on my cloned drive but it says i don't have priveledges even know i have it set to read and write.

can someone please let me know how i can make my cloned drive my new one for now on?

the cloned drive was put onto my external firewire as app, library, system and users folders.

2. super_kev macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2005

So all you copied were the Applications, Library, and System folders? You need to do a complete drive backup that includes the invisible files as well. I use SuperDuper! and I can choose to copy one hard drive to another (complete backup), and then I just change the settings in the popup menu to copy to a new drive. CCC should have the same option, but I've never used it before.