Replacing Stolen iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Freakk123, Jul 22, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Feb 19, 2003
    Bronx, NY
    I was recently pickpocketed of my new iPhone 4. Is there any way to get AT&T to subsidize a replacement phone as well? I don't want to have to pay $500 to replace the phone. I know they're not under obligation to, but I figure I'm a loyal customer with three lines on a family plan who always pays on time and I'm not gonna jump ship any time soon. That has to count for something, right?
  2. macrumors 601

Feb 19, 2008
    If you've got nothing to exchange, you are out full unsubsidized price.
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 19, 2003
    Bronx, NY
    Okay, but I could exchange an iPhone 2G or 3GS and get a discount?
  4. macrumors member

Jun 22, 2009
    the exact same thing happened to me two days ago, and I'm still trying to find a way to get a new phone for a discount possibly.

if you purechased the phone with a card, see if you are covered under purchase protection. Other than that, the situation seems hopeless, for the most part, Apple/AT&T don't care at all how loyal you are, just cough up 500 dollars for the new phone (600 in my case)
  5. macrumors Nehalem

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    No, its not a car dealer where you trade in your old one.
    You can sell your old iphones on ebay or craigslist to make some money towards it.
    AT&T will not give you another subsidy for at least 18 months or so. It doesnt matter if you're a good customer or anything like that.
    And the price is $599 16GB and $699 for the 32GB
  6. macrumors 65816

3 lines on a family plan?

Presumably you have insurance too?
  7. macrumors member

Jan 30, 2008
    My iPhone 4 was stolen about 5 days ago and I talked to att, they said that if I wait until the 26th i can get the early upgrade price which is subsidized down to 499 for the 32 gb, now i just have to find where I can buy one.
  8. macrumors P6

Jul 17, 2005
    5045 feet above sea level
    OP: Did you buy your iphone fully with a CC? Check to see if it allows for Purchase Replacement

For example, this is what my card offers and yours may have a similar benefit
  9. macrumors member

Jun 20, 2010
    Not being rude, just curious, how did your phones get stolen?I don't let mine out of my hand or pocket. My sister was at an aa meeting and went to the bathroom and someone stole her 3GS out of her purse. She got it back though cause the delinquent the if was in rehab visiting this aa meeting. Lol
  10. macrumors newbie

Jul 24, 2010

This is your best chance, if you didn't get it, then i guess you'll just have to sell your others on ebay or craigslist.

Unlucky on getting robbed by the way :(