reply to 500 posts

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mac15, Mar 20, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I was happy when I made 500 and all of you jumped down my throat
    I know alot of my posts suck but since when do you have to have a critiria to share an opinion (thanks to Alphatech and Macaztec) I have to watch what I post now to make it interesting for the lot of you.
    Arn can ban me take all of my post away why just because of the way I post. Thats the way I post I'm happy with it
    I don't bad mouth you about the way you post that up to you
    anyway thanks to Eyelikeart for congradulating me
    and have a nice day

2. mrk3 macrumors newbie

3. mrk3 macrumors newbie

but you have a point. rower_cpu gave me a serve about "getting my facts right" before i post. the goose should have checked his info about tmw before blasting me. but i must defer to his greater wisdom, he being a "tech" and all, would know more than me. what's the go with the underscore stuff. that sucks. "_" carry over from pc geeks. don't worry about it mac15. a lot of big fish in a small pond around this forum. keep posting. 10 is my milestone. everytime i hit ten i rejoin.

4. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Mac 15..just wanted you to know that im cool with you regardles of what you post or dont post. I have no problems what so ever with you. I got bigger concerns in my life. I enjoy reading your posts and I enjoy your prescence here as i do with everyone else. Its good for these forums to have different people on different levels...it makes for a more interesting expierence. If everyone was the same...it be boring.

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

try not to sweat it too much....just watch yourself a little bit....he he he

I did give u fair warning at least! ;)

6. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

I mean arn does pay for the sites bandwidth so regardless of what our opinion may be about what a usless post is is irrelevant because we are not paying for this sites monthy bills. So he has every right to tell us what we should or should not do on this site...regardless of what one may think. One should respect the mod and his rules if one wants to be a part of this site. This is what i try to do. Everyone should have a good time and keep rocking it but also follow the rules. Nothing hard about that and nothing to get worked up about. Its cool mac15. Take care.

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I do pay for bandwidth... but I don't mind that part of the useless post issue...

Basically... I don't mind people posting in General Discussion about what they are doing on a Sat. or if they are very bored... I don't care... have at it... What I do mind are real discussions getting dragged down with pointless messages.

The value in a messageboard comes from the users... and the information they can offer and opinions. This is diminished to a great degree by these pointless threads.

The reason why avatars are post-related are that by the time someone gets to 500 posts, other users in the community should "know" that user and they deserve to get a recognizable identity.

arn

8. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

I like you

mac15 I'm totally cool with you. You had a post I read this morning that almost made me laugh really hard. Problem was I didnt want to wake the other 2 people in my room. I hav enever had a prob with your posts.

And anyway, small funny posts are good sometimes, it lightens up the mood around here. Sometimes ya'll are too serious. Just have some fun and enjoy your time here everyone. Sheesh!

9. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

mac15

I respect you. I was just a little dissapointed when I saw about 8 of your posts were all of 1-2 sentences. But...No hard feelings;)

Anyways...Congrats on 500

Guess what, I made it too!

10. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Like I said before...

I lash out simply because of Avatar envy.

What I would object to is people who knowingly try to post all they can just to boost their posts. You shouldn't post things just to raise your posts.

But everybody posts useless stuff from time to time. I've put a few one sentence posts down, but I never did it en masse just to get my post level up.

And I'm not accusing anyone of doing that, mainly because I could never get proof without a mind-reading device. I just get the feeling some people do it. No hard feelings, but I'm going to be a little bitter about not having an Avatar when you do.

But lets just get back to having fun posting. Thats what this place is all about. Thats why I come here.

Matthew

11. madamimadam macrumors 65816

madamimadam

Congrats

Well, I have already said this on another forum but I think it is more appropriate now that this one exists, mac15 and MacAztec, congratulations on getting your avatars.... even if mac15 has lost posts and is back to 499... post again bud and get that round figure.
    :)

I can not wait until I have my avatar... I will have to think what it will be now. I want to make sure I never post crap to get extra post numbers, though, I will be proud when I get my 500.
    :)