Report Finds Republican Aides Spied on Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 5, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. numediaman macrumors 6502a

This is old, old, old news. I started this thread back in January:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=56828

This is like Watergate: first a couple of stories, then nothing. Then word that someone might get in trouble, then nothing. In the end, unless this gets put around Frist's or DeLay's neck, not much will come of it.

3. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

The story is old but the report is new. The Democrats are asking for an investigation on where the illegally gathered materials went. If that gets going we may have a very big story.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah there were a lot of top GOP operatives using this information to slam Dems over the course of several months. I find it hard to believe that the guy who stole it and the guy who distributed it were the only ones with any idea of where this stuff came from. I mean, if you see documents that you know your opposition wouldn't want you to be looking at, you have to suspect that they weren't just forwarded to your office. Other people had to know they were looking at purloined material and using it to hammer their opponents.

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

indeed. numediaman, that's why i didn't paste any more of the story -- it was mostly background stuff already covered.