Report Posts...missing?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by amacgenius, Feb 27, 2006.

1. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

Is it just me (not totally with it tonight) or since the vBulletin upgrade can we no longer report posts, I was about to report my own in a thread because I realized I shouldn't have posted it, but the little ! mark is gone:

[​IMG]

Somebody please tell me I'm not crazy!

2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

3. amacgenius thread starter macrumors 68000

amacgenius

Oh wow, I see the icon under your info right now, sorry about that - ask skoker I think I'm coming down with pneumonia, so I'm not totally there :p.

4. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

He's sick.

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

vBulletin originally let you report your own posts. Then it changed, a few versions ago.

Here's a workaround: Report a post near your post and explain in the Message area which post you are really reporting.

A sneakier trick you can use:

1. Note the post number of your post. For example, you can hover over the quote button for your post and see the post number in the Safari status line message.

2. Click the Report Bad Post icon next to some other post.

3. In the address bar, change the post number at the end of the URL to the post# of your post.

4. Press RETURN to refresh the page with the new post number, before you fill out the message.

5. Fill out the message and click Send Report. It would still be smart to explain in the message that you are reporting your own post.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No, now, I'm not so sure. He could have a defect on his screen. Just to be on the safe side, he should get a new ACD 30". :D

And a new dSLR so that he can take adequate pics for us to judge if the new monitor is acceptable. :D