Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
Is anyone else getting annoyed at bugs they've reported not getting fixed? I've reported two that really annoy me and got the response saying these are bugs that have already been reported by other users yet they have been around for months.

The two that really annoy me and I've reported is the white screen in mail when opening in landscape mode and the images displayed when you double tap the home button to show open apps are outdated. For example safari showing the wrong website to what's actually open and messages app shows conversations I've deleted.

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
Apple prioritises security/privacy flaws and widespread issues over small usability bugs and isolated incidents. Recently Apple Seed has been more active though, they asked for more information on a couple of my issues. My suggestion would be to simply be patient for a long time.

Craiguyver

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
Ohio, USA
Bug fixes?? Like not being able to sync local videos to our phones since that wonderful TV app debuted?

Not sure they'll have time with all the new emoji and sticker packs for iMessages updates, but guess we can hope.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
The reason why they are not being fixed is because they are really cosmetic. The mail issue is annoying, and I deal with it too. But the outdated multitasking screens is purely cosmetic and does not affect the usage of your device. Cosmetic bugs are the last to be fixed, if at all.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Is anyone else getting annoyed at bugs they've reported not getting fixed? I've reported two that really annoy me and got the response saying these are bugs that have already been reported by other users yet they have been around for months.

The two that really annoy me and I've reported is the white screen in mail when opening in landscape mode and the images displayed when you double tap the home button to show open apps are outdated. For example safari showing the wrong website to what's actually open and messages app shows conversations I've deleted.
Some bugs get fixed sooner, some get fixed later, some don't really get fixed. Pretty much the nature of it all that has been part of the software (and hardware) life for a long time now.

Reactions: Futhark

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
The multitasking refresh isnt a bug. That is more of a recently opened list and most folks never close all apps so you wouldn't want to spend CPU and battery refreshing every app in recently used/multitask. Plus those apps are not really running (most of them) other than like gps or music apps etc. so they wont be refreshed constantly. As Mrollin stated its basically a cosmetic screen not a real time snapshot.

Anyway more on topic there have been a good many reported bugs fixed. You can look through the "fixes" threads to see progress between various beta builds and various iOS versions.

Reactions: cswifx and Futhark

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
The exact opposite is happening for me. Almost all of the bugs I reported were fixed in 10.2 and I never got any notifications that they were duplicates or that they have even been addressed or fixed.

Reactions: cswifx

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
Also, how would that screenshot with different orientation come to exist? The app would have to somehow render in both orientations to always accurately reflect the latest state. That's simply not possible.

Math889

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2016
It seems like the orientation lock issue is fixed on my iPad Air 2
IOS 10.2.1 beta 4- installed 3 days ago

AaronG123

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
UK
I've stopped reporting bugs; they simply aren't getting fixed anymore... or they are being labelled as 'duplicate' with no way of finding out whats being done about the original issue. Heck I still have bugs open from 2012..... every year I get a developer team contact me asking 'Is it still an issue?'.... my response being 'Have you fixed the issue yet.... if not then yes it is' lol

radioking

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Apple's fixing of simple problems is a complete joke. I have 2 problems that drive me absolutely nuts. The iPad Air 2 not rotating, and the podcast app not playing when pushing play the first time. These have been around for at least the last 5 updates. How hard can it be to fix things that are this basic and never occurred in earlier versions?

"It just works" and "practically magic", yeah right.

This crap is so frustrating.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Math889

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2016
Apple's fixing of simple problems is a complete joke. I have 2 problems that drive me absolutely nuts. The iPad Air 2 not rotating, and the podcast app not playing when pushing play the first time. These have been around for at least the last 5 updates. How hard can it be to fix things that are this basic and never occurred in earlier versions?

"It just works" and "practically magic", yeah right.

This crap is so frustrating.
The orientation lock issue on my iPad Air 2 started since the first beta of iOS 10. And none of the later iOS 10 updates seems to correct this issue

Reactions: willmtaylor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.