Reporter Says War with Iran Has Begun

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MACDRIVE, Jul 12, 2006.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

http://www.nysun.com/article/35990

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

could you push the button?

3. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I hope every peace loving citizen will make an effort to reach their local representatives and call for some freeking sanity here!

All we need is a bunch of hot headed, war mongering, Rapture Republicans
    cheering on a bunch of neo-con Zionists to bring us closer to a world wide blood bath.

Israel's actions this week have now galvanized the Muslim world into fury.

The moderates are now driven to support extreme measures to control
    Israel.

Israel is out of control and we need to put a screeching halt to this madness.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

Wait, you think disabling the entire infrastructure of an already destitue country and killing 200 Lebanese citizens in the process over a few rockets and two soliders is out of control?

How dare you? :p

Like I said earlier - at least we TRY to clean up what we destroy. I can tell you Israel has no intentions of that.

Christ I hate to see what oil and the market does this week.

5. aquajet macrumors 68020

Of course! And with a smile to boot. :)

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Twersky is Editor in Chief of the New Jersey Jewish News. He doesn't declare war, not even prophetcially, yet. I only hope with millions of others that this flash point doesn't escalate because he just could be right. Aside from the obvious concerns over Iran's intentions, Syria's actions are just as much a concern. Neither side is interested in dangling carrots or facade and I'm afraid we're seeing once again just how "propped up" the peace agreement has been to both.

"Control" might be the right choice of wording, but statements that Israel are "out of control" while implying that the Arab nations are under control are not quite on target, imo.

The call to "nuke" anyone is just plain scary. Let's only hope that leaders will not be that irresponsibly reckless and that rhetoric will buy some time to think rationally.

7. iGary Guest

iGary

I think he is stating that Israel's reaction is out of control, and it is.

8. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

We all know that most rational people do not support extremism or violence,
    however Israel has now gone way overboard fanning the flames of never ending reprisals.

The only one's who gain anything from this chaos are those who profit from the business of war.

The neo-con hawks will attempt to hide behind a smoke screen of deliberate terrorism and anti-Semitism waiting to get their greedy hands of the spoils of war.

9. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

So, let me get this straight.

Retaliation against forces sworn to eliminate you from the planet is now overkill. OK.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060715/ts_nm/mideast_israel_rockets_dc_1

Picking sides in this one is as stupid as the conflict. The reaction is understood by me, Israel is no saint in this ongoing mess, but picking Hamas/Hezb as your ruling party is about the only thing stupider.

10. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Yep :cool:

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

much of what i've read indicates that israel has received a number of surprises regarding hezbollah's capabilities. i read this in two ways:
    1) israel went in with the force it did, expecting to be even more overwhelming
    2) had they had better intelligence, they would have increased their initial response.

regardless, israel's demands are ridiculous, when they include the dissolution of hezbollah. they don't want to settle this peacefully -- they want a war. and i think they've gotten one.

12. iGary Guest

iGary

No, totally destroying another country's infrastructure over a couple of rockets and a couple of soldiers is over the top.

There are tons of countries that have said they would like to see us gone - does that mean we have the blank check to destroy them?

I have no love for Hesbollah at all, but Israel has just gone loopy.

Show me damage similar to this in Israel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

OK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. iGary Guest

iGary

15. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

WHY? We never get to see Isreali/Jewsish murder victims of palestinian terrorists for some reason.

16. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

last night, on world news tonight, they revealed that:
    1. lebanese citizens were hoarding gasoline, so
    2. israel started targetting gasoline stations

i do believe israel's goal is the total collapse of lebanese society. they're also cutting off the escape routes.

17. iGary Guest

iGary

We don't normally show the Palestinian victims, either. It's called having some amount of taste...

So no, I am not going to participate in a tit for tat "my image is bloodier than yours" contest. ;)

18. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

That's perhaps what bothers me most of all. Stop their ability to flee north and call them terrorists when they fight back in the south.

I fear we're in for a spot of genocide here. It's pure murder no matter what.

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

During the Iraq invasion I posted an image of a badly wounded Iraqi child and it was promptly removed by the moderators.

20. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

That's not true. I don't know where you're coming from, but there's not an Israeli side and an Arab side here to choose from.

I think I can speak for many who oppose Israel's actions when I say I'm on the nonviolence side. Which begs the question, "which side are you on?"

21. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

I'm afraid that in a section of the world where hatreds have exploded like this for some 4000 years among the same groups and over the same territory, there are few, if any innocents.

This conflict has been ongoing for ALL of recorded history. Whoever is the strongest will "put to the edge of the sword" (Genocide) anyone else living in the fertile crescent between Egypt, Syria and the Kurdish highlands. This kind of wholesale slaughter is the rule, not the exception if one looks back at the stele and the oral histories. All that changes is who has the powerful ally in any particular epoch.

In light of history the best possible outcome is the impact of a very large interplanetary rock just about dead center on Jerusalem. An "act of god" that denies all comers the rights to the most contested land ever recorded by humanity.

22. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

To want the dissolution of ones mortal enemy is not ridiculous IMHO.

23. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I respect and like you. But over 700 rockets in the last 4 days is not a "couple". Dead and wounded, as well as fleeing in fear is their other reaction (Israel's that is).

Link

24. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

so that israel can just roll in and take the entire country? yeah, right. look at the NRA-fueled response against the UN when the NRA claimed the UN wanted to disarm the US.

under what circumstances would you support the US disarming?