Reporter: Top Cheney Aide Among Sources

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Jul 17, 2005.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Game, set and match?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050717/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cia_leak_investigation

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

pretty shoddy reporting/editing that they refer to the GOP party chairman w/o naming him. speaking of ken mehlman, he was on Meet the Press today...

movie link

story snippet link

let us note his double standard when trusting or not trusting patrick fitzgerald. even while those who are calling for rove's resignation are labeled as "not trusting fitzgerald," mehlman cannot commit to trusting fitzgerald's decision until after it's rendered, despite mehlman's "tremendous confidence" in him. ugh.

3. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You're just seeing the entire GOP storyline collapse under the weight of its own implausibility and the rot of ethical corruption.

Edit: I think we now know the name of Miller's source.

4. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The Republicans are now fully ensnared in a web of their own construction. For the sake of party unity, they have to argue that the White House was never so intent on destroying Joe Wilson that they'd go after his wife, but yet, there was Ken Mehlman on Meet the Press just yesterday, "answering" questions about Rove and Libby by attacking Joe Wilson. So they are still doing what they've never done. Who, except for the most dedicated true believer, is going to accept this reasoning in the end?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-leak18jul18,0,4779848.story

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Wow. They should have stopped digging long ago. Hubris with a capital H.

6. katchow macrumors 6502

quote from Cooper:

"It was my first interview with the President, and I expected a simple "Hello" when I walked into the Oval Office last December. Instead, George W. Bush joked, "Cooper! I thought you'd be in jail by now.""

wouldn't you just love to have responded to that? I mean, talk about a lobbed softball :)

7. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The "mystery memo" surfaces...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/20/AR2005072002517_pf.html

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

The wiggle room:
    "But it didn't explicitly SAY that Plame's name needed to be kept secret. It was just in a section of the memo that was labeled secret. I don't think that meant EVERYTHING in that paragraph was secret."

This makes parsing the definition of 'is' seem quaint by comparison.

9. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It also cited her by her married name, Valerie Wilson. Could have been an entirely different person. Who could know?

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Didn't seem to matter a whit what the nuances were when it was Sandy Berger in the crosshairs...