Repost "Airport Printing"

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Muskie, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

I posted this in the panther discussion section, figured maybe this palce might be better (sorry for posting it again I jsut need help!)--

I am running Panther on my G4. I have an Epson printer hooked up to my airport base-station down in the basement via USB. I've been doing projects for school in Quark 5, which I have to open in classic. I can't seem to figure out how to print in classic from my G4 to my epson in the basement. What I've been doing is putting the pieces on a zip and bringing them to my Mom's G3 (running classic) and printing them from the Xerox printer that she's hardwired to. It's somewhat of a pain, and the Xerox doesn't have the quiality my Epson does, not even color. I was wondering if there was a way for me to print from Quark 5 on my G4 down, via airport, to the Epson. Anyone got any ideas?

2. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

I don't know if this is the right way, but it worked for me:

I installed the OS9 drivers for my Airport printer onto the computer I wanted to print in Classic from. Then you just go into the Chooser in Classic, choose your printer, and print...

Worked for me, give it a try.

www.epson.com for your drivers.

3. Muskie thread starter macrumors 6502

Muskie