republican christian is an oxymoron...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AP_piano295, Oct 16, 2006.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

This is a bit of a rant and your not going to hear anything new but It makes me feel a bit better to write it down.

These right wing evangelical christiens spend the majority of the their time fighting "for life" but it's just such utter BS.

It seems to me like they could care less about life...or Jesus'es teachings they only care about aborition, but theyre fine with the death penalty, fine with spending coutless dollars to fight wars that kill millions, and they stand aggaisnt the idea that blood donations should be mandatory.

I just cant stand it they say they care about something but nothing in their actions suggests that it matters to them at all. I know some absolute rebublicans who are very clear on how they think the world should work (basically they dont care about anything think the ends always justify the means) and i'm fine with that in a preverse way. It's these twerps who claim that they "care" but nothing they do shows it.

ok i feel better.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Tell me more about this "mandatory blood donation" bizzo. I'm not allowed to give blood so how would that work. Would I get a government pardon? Maybe a picture on all mobile blood banks with a sign saying "Do not admit."

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

The Republic idea of "right to life" begins at conception and ends at birth. After you're born it's "Eff off. You're on your own now".

4. generik macrumors 601

generik

It is evolution man, survival of the fittest!

5. Desertrat macrumors newbie

"...they stand aggaisnt the idea that blood donations should be mandatory."

You telling me I have no rights as to what's done with my body? Somebody wants my blood, I can't say, "No!"? Rotsa ruck on that foolishness...

(I think I've read somewhere of the idea that folks have the right to decide what's done with their body. I don't think that notion came from the Right To Life people.)

I tend to vote for the lesser of two weevils in national level voting, which usually means Republican, but I don't know what that has to do with Evangelicals. I don't guess I've been in a church since my FIL's funeral. I'm closer to Pagan, myownself.

:D, 'Rat

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i wouldn't say that too loud ... you know a stake can be made fast enough for everbody ;)

7. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

I agree, the conservative religious republicans believe that they OWN the moral issues and do not believe any merits in competing views.

Remember people, these people DO NOT BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION. they actually believe that earth was created in 6 days.

It is sad what the world has come to when they want to argue over issues which dont effect people's lifes.

Instead of worrying about Gas Prices, Trade Deficits, Pedophile Congressmen, Federal Budget Deficit and the general state of our economy.... THEY DISTRACT people with these personal rights issues.

Issues that the government out to be staying out of. people's bodies are theirs, not the governments to legislate over.

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its kind of funny they say they want to save the unborn but then want to send these same folks off to fight a dreamed up war by the same republicans. Over 600,000 Iraqi's dead, 3,000 of ours with tens of thousands with limbs blown off for WMDs that Iraq never had? Hypocrit is to light of word for the Republican scum who now infest our govt. Abortion isnt a issue anymore, getting us in Iraq for nothing is,not talking to Iran is as is not talking with North Korea. Katrina? anyone remember how these same republicans ignored New Orleans? How about covering up the Foley sex scandal? Torturing innocent people? Spying on Americans? Ignoring the Geneva Convention. who are the republicans pretending to represent? OH yeah Christians. are these christian values?

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

10. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

The best (or worst) was last week when the Amish were showing the Evangelicals how they're supposed to be acting.

I heard a talking head on the radio say that forgiveness is "an Amish thing". Of course, I yelled at the radio that it's meant to be a Christian thing that most xians ignore, but sadly I didn't yell loud enough and the gentleman didn't correct himself.

Almost as fun was when I wore my "Who Would Jesus Bomb" t-shirt to a youth event at my Mom's church and one of the youth said "I just can't agree with you on that." "That's fine, but it's not me you're disagreeing with."

Most christians are only christians for an hour on Sundays, and only if there's no early football game. It sucks.

11. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Innocent orange slices, apparently.

[​IMG]

12. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Ya know, I've read the bible a few times. Missed that Jesus was a vegetarian everytime!:eek:

13. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

exactly they only care before you born, as well as when u want to die, they don't care the middle.

14. AP_piano295 thread starter macrumors 65816

If we should have to give blood as citizens is a matter of debate that's not the point.

The point is how they can make voting based on the one issue of abortion (and many vote on this one issue) the fact remains that not giving blood can often lead to loss of life without doing any harm to the doner. How can you claim that your number one concern is preserving life when your not even willing to give your own blood to poetentially save an ACTUAL PERSON.

15. AP_piano295 thread starter macrumors 65816

lol i assume they would do a medical examination or something allong those lines.

16. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I'm not aware of any church edict against donating blood. Most of the people I know who are christians, including my wife, donate. I don't see your point.

And are you saying that pro-life voters are the only single issue voters there are?

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow- let's not let this thread degenerate into something nasty, the title is nasty enough. I am certainly no fan of either group (when they are extreme), but this just seems a bit mean-spirited to me.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Hear hear!!

19. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I can't give blood either. I lived in the U.K. during a certain time frame barring me from doing so. Again, why should they make blood donations mandatory?

20. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Jehovah's Witnesses consider themselves Christian (or at least some variant thereof) and have a churchwide prohibition against giving or receiving blood.

On a more broad note, here in the South it can be pretty bad. Most Christians I know fall into one of two categories. On one hand you have those that run and check the Bible for enything they do, and then those that go to church just to see whose grandma has the fanciest hat this week mentally wipe the slate clean, then proceed to go get plowed and sleep around the rest of the week.

What I find ironic is how much the Southern Baptists tout family values and all that stuff, yet they have the highest divorce rate among Christians.

21. AP_piano295 thread starter macrumors 65816

Why shouldnt they? It doesnt harm the doner and it can save many lives we make lots sacrafices as citizens we pay taxes accept the risk that the military may draft us conform to hundreds of laws. Does the idea of giving blood seem that off the wall?

I know legislation has been explored in the past (let me see if I can find a link) that asked if this should be a mandatory part of citizenship. (i'm sure that those with medical conditions would be exempt just like those with bad eyesight could not join the military even with a draft)

I belive that the idea failed to gain much support from either side, and I personally think blood donation should be a donation. What i'm talking about is the hypocricy of being single mindedly concerned with this one issue (apparently saving life) when they even fail to be consistent with their beliefs on this subject.

22. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

I agree, these evangelists/protestants/... give Christians a bad name.

People often forget that the Catholic church is against war, in favor of reason and science (with Evolution)

I am a seminarian (future priest) and I can agree more with moderate muslims than with evangelists and such and such.

And when people throw the pedophelic priest argument at you, it really hurts. The percentage of pedophiles amongst priests is not higher than amongst other people. The press just jumps on them.
    Although every pedophile is one too much.

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Don't feel so bad. The homos get tarred with that one too.

24. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Amen brother. Most people don't know what/who a Christian is suppose to be. Pride, selfishness and being undisciplined has really hurt us.

But I have to completely disagree with blood donations being mandatory. They wouldn't be donations then would they? Forcing someone to give blood is as bad as banning so called "religion." That may be a little extreme but I hope you get my point.

Also, AP_piano295 God didn't change when Jesus came and taught. Remember the God of the Old Testament is the same as the God of the New (Jesus) and is never changing. If you read the OT (Old Testament) you'll notice that God told the Israelites to kill thousands of different cultures and not just the fighting men but women and children as well. They were to wipe out entire cultures so that in the future they wouldn't have to fight them again. You can't equate killing with murdering, they are two different meanings. To kill can be justified and lawful, to murder cannot be and is not. The same is true even under God's law. **

I'm not saying I completely agree with Bush's way of dealing with 9/11 but I do think he has done some good in that area (ex. for women's human rights). Unfortunately I do think he has gone overboard with the whole thing. Our privacy is more important than our protection so far (we aren't in a WWII type situation).

** Of course then there is the viewpoint that Jesus said, "he who has no sin, cast the first stone." I'll definitely have to do more research on this one ... don't you just love working things out while you type?

25. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thats true, who would he Bomb? would he spy on us? Would he ignore the people in New Orleans? Fake christians make me sick.