Republican Family Values

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Nov 2, 2006.

1. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Link

There's another one

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

3. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Barbra Walters produced an ABC special on Religion and Haggard was featured as one of the segment guests, along with The Dalai Lama and a terrorist extremist.

I was really funny to see Haggard spouting off about family values and how sinners were going to Hell and he was raving like a lunatic, very similar to the Islamic extremist. Only His Holiness came across as the only truly enlightened one. Even Barbra gave HH a hug at the end of the interview.

This is my first post in Politics! I held out for 913 posts. YAY!

4. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Sheep apparently.:eek:

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Republican family values? Kind of oxymoronic, isn't that?

6. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Is this recorded somewhere that you know of?

7. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Oh God this is great.

IIRC, this nut was the guy on Richard Dawkins' Root of All Evil documentary.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

8. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

9. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Actually, scratch the previous post.

This man's obsessive and fanatical behaviour is obviously the result of his struggle with his own homosexuality. I probably wouldn't believe this myself, if I hadn't actually seen it happen before to someone else.

Sure, he's said some bad things, but it must have been pretty terrible to live like this. He's a gay guy, and this fact has probably tormented him for years. If the left starts crowing over this, it's just going to make it worse for him. He's been humiliated enough. The gay community should really reach out to this guy. It would certainly make them look good, as well as being the right thing to do.

Hopefully, he'll work through it and become a more reasonable person. Hell, they should have him as a guest on "Queer Eye for the (used to be) Straight Guy".

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at that. As if the Dems would actually do anything. Ever. :p

Anyway, yeah, me thinks he doth protested too much.

[​IMG]

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I hate to tell the republican christian flag wavers but Jesus would be a liberal if anything.

There are people using the christian base for their own power & greed just like this guy. I wonder how much $$$ he has in the bank from his followers? Bush is more of the same,say your a christian,play the game but yet bombs the crap out over 100,000 Iraqi's and they didnt even have the WMDs he was saying. Christians are for the taking buy the likes of Haggert and by the likes of Bush.
    :rolleyes:

12. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

they don't have any family values whatsoever.

The gays, minorities, christians, middle-low class people who vote current GOP are idiots.

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I would use a broader Brush after the past 6 years about anyone voting Republican. America threw this party out 50 years ago for a reason, what we have is history repeating itself with the very same party doing the very same things they did years ago.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

First, I'd like to drag the Ted haggard through the streets and spit on him. :)

Then after he begs for forgiveness, we can be nice to the guy. I'm sorry but, people like this need to pay some sort of consequences for what they've done to their own kind.

15. aquajet macrumors 68020

It gets better...

Uh huh. Of course you didn't.

16. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

now, only pigs believe what he said.
    gay people, just like all other people, are much more honest than these rats

17. Queso macrumors G4

What a damaged man. Really does give credence to the theory of those who protest too much.

What next? Fred Phelps caught in a Bangkok strip bar with two 16 year olds?

18. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Now the preacher is saying he only got a massage from this guy, and was buying methyphetamines or something or other. I wonder why he didnt get a "massage" from his wife? or just smoke a joint.:D

19. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

'The hen that cackles is the one that laid the egg"

20. aquajet macrumors 68020

Well, apparantly his wife doesn't have big, meaty hands and a buff and bearish body.

And I hear Tina can be much more fun to hang out with.

21. Chacala_Nayarit macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

The xian base for their power & greed? Sounds like The Crusades.

22. Queso macrumors G4

Wasn't that when a religious leader wasted money and lives to invade an Arab land, only to actually achieve nothing but making his own side poorer and less-defended in the process?

I can't see the parallels at all ;)