Republicans, Democrats Accuse Each Other of Partisanship

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nbs2, Oct 17, 2006.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Isn't it depressing when some of the most insightful comments on the problems of politics can be found in an article on <see below>?
    ESPN.com (posted just above the linked section - which is also a good read on safety improvements vs. actual safety in vehicles)

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

likewise, yahoo news had a very good article (i'm sure it wasn't yahoo news original, but) about online gambling and how it's all a matter of the legal gambling places buying out the politicians... should we start watching fox news for our football coverage? hah

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Republicans, Democrats Accuse Each Other of Partisanship

In other news, the Pope is reportly a Catholic, and the sky is reported to be of a bluish hue. Also, frog's asses have been confirmed to indeed be watertight. ;)

4. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-mactastic

You forgot that water was found to be wet.

;)

5. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

Yeah, I know. But it is funny - no matter where I go (here included), people seem bent on blaming everything bad on the Republicans/Bush/Democrats/Clinton, and claiming that the Democrats/Clinton/Republicans/Bush can do no wrong. I admit that even I do that at times. Perhaps, in an effort to atone for that, I will start working on calling people out on partisanship when I see it.

6. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

I think everyone does it from time to time. The bad part is, we take it a bit too far.

7. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

Perhaps we spend too much time on blame at the expense of time on solutions.

8. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

Then how do we (being the folks here on the forums, it has to start somewhere) change that? Be it folks on either side, we're all guilty of it.

Am I really so naive to think that we can actually better focus ourselves on solutions (not problems), and that we can avoid determining that the solution isn't "vote out all the <opposing party> from <fill in political office of choice>"?

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I cant think of a better solution other then voting out the party that runs all 3 branches of our govt after everything they have and havent done the past 6 years. You have 2 choices vote for the current crooks or vote out the old crooks for the new crooks. Thats it. Im for new crooks.:)

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

With some things, like Iraq, maybe we don't really have the luxury of being able to come up with solutions. All we have left is our anger at those who put us there and disappointment at those who let it happen. Just because we don't know how to fix it, doesn't mean we can't be mad at the ones who screwed it up.