Republicans infiltrate Democrats' computers

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by evolu, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evolu macrumors regular

Greeaaaat....

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Is this another case of failing to use a Windows patch that had been available for years?

3. coopdog macrumors 6502a

I bet the computers where in office buildings behind routers and firewalls how did they get past them? With a router they would have to manualy messed with the settings. Or bypassed it?

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

under the patriot act im surprised they just didnt walk through the front door.

5. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Here's to hoping that the culprits are fired, and the job positions never filled.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

if you read to the bottom of the article, it explains in a bit more detail what went wrong. i'm really not sure about this one, obviously i have strong political biases but there is a good chance that this is non-actionable... i think it depends on where physically the data was stored.

this is pretty awful tho. shows how willing they are to gain the upper hand... and no, i'm not saying dems mightn't have done the same thing, but i don't think it would have gone on as long-- they're not as good at keeping secrets like this, as is apparent.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.