Reputable ringtone site?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by williamsonrg, Aug 28, 2006.

1. williamsonrg macrumors 6502

T-Mobile doesn't have a great selection of ringtones, but I am nervous to try any of the third-party sites for fear of getting an unwanted $20/month subscription... Are there any sites that you know are reputable? I am looking at www.ringtonejukebox.com right now. It seems straight-forward, but it's hard to say...

Of course, if there are any other ways to turn songs into ring tones and get them from my Macbook to my PEBL, I'm all ears...

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

3. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

i dunno the name off hand but google ringtone maker and u can dl a program thats pretty easy to use and create your own ringtones the first one is free to make then u have to buy it for a 1 time 20 dollar payment BIT MAKE SURE THE ONE FREE IN WORKS BEFORE YOU BUY it didnt work for me I dont know whyso i didnt buy it, think i may have done something wrong

4. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

Most of my phone calls are simply "ring ring," but for a few friends I like to have custom tones. My phone is always on vibrate in public, so don't worry.

5. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

For anybody else who stumbles across this thread, I just found this helpful site.

6. nitynate macrumors 6502a

Just drag your audio files from iTunes to iMovie.
    Cut it appropriately.
    Then, save it with advanced settings "Sound To Wave" then, import it to iTunes, "convert to mp3 92kbps", than drag that file to desktop.

Then transfer the song to your phone via bluetooth.

7. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I second the above post. I make my own, cut them down to the chorus of a song on QuickTime, and then export to my phone as an mp3.

Oh, I lower the quality to 64kbps as well.

8. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

Also create my own ringtones, they dont always sound the best, but they are free and I have complete control... and their free.... LOL

9. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, I had no idea I could do that. Can I just use iSync to get the file onto my phone? (I have a PEBL)

I was using Xingtones, but the demo only lets you make one song, and you need the internet on your phone to use it properly.