Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skar316

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
An odd request but maybe someone can help. I am looking for the "Dun dun dun" sound that plays at the beginning of TMZ videos. I wouldn't know the first thing about extracting the sound from a video file and then converting to an mp3 but maybe someone with some knowledge can. Thanks for any help.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If you're looking to make it a text tone or ringtone of some sort for your phone, MP3 won't work. You'll need to convert it to AAC in iTunes and then on the newly converted file, find it in finder and right click, select "get info". Changed the .m4a to .m4r. Then open that in iTunes and it will be a ringtone. Sync it to your phone and you'll have it available as a custom sound.

skar316

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
It's actually not even for me but my brother and I am not sure what he is even using it for. Maybe a text tone but he is on android anyway.

adfdmd

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2016
I've made a tmz mp3 for you, please let me know where to send it.

I need a big, huge favor please. Can I please have the TMZ sound? I really need it for a presentation next week. I would love to use that sound if the three letters getting stamped down. I appreciate your time. AF

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.