Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 23, 2015
also please listen. There are currently over 30 air pods threads here! That's excessive by any standard and makes discussing the air pods extremely difficult. It would be much more beneficial and easier for everybody if there was 1 consolidated thread like the cases thread or the screen protectors thread. Rant over, just getting sick of sorting through to find information.

Compa49

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
I for one wouldn't want all the threads combined. If they were asking the same question or talking about the same issue then yes. Most of the threads I have seen are about completely different issues. I have seen threads talking about delivery times, hooks/covers, connection issues, etc. I would hate to wade through a bunch of irrelevant comments to find one that covered what I wanted to know.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I absolutely HATE most of the combined threads. You ask a question at the end of a long thread and never get an answer. I've asked a couple of different times in the USB hub thread and I've NEVER gotten an answer to my request. I think a LOT of people don't bother even looking at it anymore! Not to mention, it's several years old and the older information isn't pertinent anymore.

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
Mods, please disregard the request from the OP.

We need the various threads for each subject. If the OP doesn't like it, let them learn how to use the search tool on the site, that's what it's there for. It's a new product and people are discussing a plethora of different topics around the product.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
also please listen. There are currently over 30 air pods threads here! That's excessive by any standard and makes discussing the air pods extremely difficult. It would be much more beneficial and easier for everybody if there was 1 consolidated thread like the cases thread or the screen protectors thread. Rant over, just getting sick of sorting through to find information.
So your solution was make another thread?

Each topic does and SHOULD have its own thead. Otherwise you can't have a discussion at all.

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
So your solution was make another thread?

Each topic does and SHOULD have its own thead. Otherwise you can't have a discussion at all.

I agree 100%. Reading through a general discussion thread just now about AirPods, I see a question that I can answer, but I still have to finish reading the 12+ page thread full of multiple topics and questions in order to see if it was ever answered.

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH
I agree 100%. Reading through a general discussion thread just now about AirPods, I see a question that I can answer, but I still have to finish reading the 12+ page thread full of multiple topics and questions in order to see if it was ever answered.
I don't bother to read the whole thread. Just answer it. If it's a repeat, fine. But if the question was answered then the OP should have marked it "resolved".

Reactions: robertfen
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.