Request for Volunteers: At Apple Store Keynote

Discussion in 'Site News' started by arn, Jun 16, 2003.

1. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

If you are planning to go to an Apple Store Keynote, and would be willing to post live updates to an IRC channel.

Please email me

webmaster@macrumors.com

This is the backup plan if no webfeed is availble.

arn

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

TechTV

I am pretty sure (90%) that it will be broadcasted via. TechTV. If it is, I can give you coverage.

3. pretentious macrumors regular

pretentious

Re: TechTV

You sure?!? I haven't heard anything on TSS to that extent (maybe I missed it), they did mentioned the keynote and MR, but I don't think that they said that they were going to be broadcasting it, how do you know?

Cause well, I got TechTV too but my local Apple Store (Bellevue, WA) is saying that they're not carrying it, and was kinda upset on that regards.

4. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

Yes, I'd like to know about this too, so that I can have my boyfriend tape it for me while I'm at work! :D

That sounds too good to be true though...

Alia

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Re: Re: TechTV

Really!?! I'm in Tacoma, and when I called on Saturday they said they'd have it. They don't have a theatre, but they said that they'd be streaming it on some of their PowerMacs with the bigger screens. The guy even put me on hold to go ask. He seemed quite sure after asking.

Did they tell you they won't? Do you guys think TechTV will have it?

It looks like I won't be working, and I have nothing better to do, so I wanted to watch it.

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

tech tv hasnt broadcasted anything for like a year and a half now. which is good, because as soon as steve would announce something dovorak and those guys would be bashing the hell out of it while the mac guy would just sit there looking like he was about to cry, thats why apple has switched to mpeg4 broadcasts.

iJon