Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orfeas0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Athens, Greece
Hello. I'm looking to buy a MBA.
Although I want it mainly for portability, I want it to be able to run LoL.
My friend just got a 13" 2011 MBA and tells me not only it runs at 15 fps with medium settings, but also just being in boot camp will shut it down because of the heat.

So, I kindly request from someone with the 13" i5 2011 mba to install boot camp (and tell me which windows version you use), and run League of Legends (available only for windows). Put shadows on "no shadows" and other settings to minimum and low, and tell me your framerate.

Also, a simple question: Can your MBA 13" i5 run boot camp or does it overheat and shut down?

Also, try the above things on a 2010 13" (list your model) if possible, because if the 2011 model can't run it, I'll look for a 2010 one.

Thank you very much for your time. If you can't run the above tests, please don't answer with "I suppose, or I guess it can run". I want to be sure (doesn't mean I'll take your word as a guarantee, but it will give me some insight).

Thanks again.

Ignore the italic comment below if you're not a troll.
PS: Before someone bashes me for a reason like "it won't overheat just in boot camp", don't say it without proof. Because I had a 15" 2009 MBP (9400+9600gt gpus) and it actually couldn't run boot camp for more than 15-20 minutes, it would shut down because of the heat.

Last edited:

iNeedToDoHw

macrumors regular
May 23, 2011
i play lol on default setting and get 30fps. it plays fine!!
i'm on windows professional 64bit

I have the i5 macbook air 13

orfeas0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Athens, Greece

I guess you mean the 2011.
Thank you man I love you. No overheats? Also, what's your room temperature while playing LoL and not shutting down?

orfeas0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Athens, Greece

I still need to know 1 thing: your room temperature. Because if you're in Alaska, it's logical that it will never overheat. But here in Greece we have up to 35C, and all laptops get extra hot...

macfrik

Contributor
Mar 21, 2009
Utah
I have a MacBook Air 2010 with 2.13Ghz and 4GB RAM 13".

I don't play LoL but I play HoN here in the US. Everything runs very very smoothly. Settings on medium and high and somewhere in between.

hope that helps

lxeran

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2011
Israel
well

i dont play lol, but HoN seems to be much heavier...
I got the mac 2010 13" 2gb ram,
and it works smoothly on osx and windows.. even when hooking up to 1920x1080 display..
1440x900 works with highest details and antialiasing...

love this comp.

Brandon0448

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
I still need to know 1 thing: your room temperature. Because if you're in Alaska, it's logical that it will never overheat. But here in Greece we have up to 35C, and all laptops get extra hot...

Its not like us in Alaska are sitting outside midwinter in the -40 degree weather gaming away lol. Sure that would make for a cool running laptop but it is quite uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.