Resale value of a 1.33ghz PB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mariahlullaby, Mar 28, 2005.

1. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I was looking at the refurbs on Apple, and I was thinking of getting a 1.33 ghz 12" PB temporarily until they're updated or when I go to college. Does anyone have an idea of the resale value of a 1.33 ghz 12" PB, SD in maybe 6 mos, 1 year? I was going to get a Mac Mini and do the same thing, and it does have a 1.42 ghz processor, so it's a bit faster, but I'm just a bit worried about the 4200 rpm HD and graphics from what I've heard.

I'm never going to make a decision :rolleyes: I've changed my mind like 300 times now. Wish they'd update with Tiger or something soon and give me something new to agonize over :p

2. maya macrumors 68040

maya

For the sake of curiosity I had asked an Apple Retailer what a current iBook 12" with 1280MB of ram, 1.2GHz G4 would fetch and he said $500 CAD. I thought he was a little crazy to quote me such a low low price. I believe he was cranky due to slow business. Will try another few places for self-satisfaction. :)

3. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I backed out of purchasing a 17" PB 1.67GHz G4 a while back due to the lack of hardware offering(s) and Tiger. I will wait for a bit, no harm really. :)

4. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Right... did he offer to purchase it for $500.00?? :p

Wait. He offered to sell you one for $500.00 CAD????? OMG! Buy it! :eek:

5. maya macrumors 68040

maya

He was offering to Buy it from Me for that amount. I believe it was a MONDAY. :rolleyes:

He can take his 500 CAD and shove it where the sun don't shine. ;) :p :)