Resale Value

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bravesfan007, Dec 7, 2006.

1. bravesfan007 macrumors newbie

Jun 6, 2006
    Currently I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 with a 1.83 Intel Core Duo processor, a gig of RAM, and an 80 GB harddrive. I am running Windows XP Media Center with 128 MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 video card. I have a three year subscription to McAfee Internet Security Suite and Microsoft Office 2003 Student Edition. I added the upgraded display when I bought it for another $64. Of course it has a 15.4 inch wide screen display and a DVD+-RW drive. I also have a three year extended warranty on it from Dell including the spill and drop protection. Pretty much if anything goes wrong with it they will fix it. I bought it in July and the list price was nearly $2000, but I got it for about $1200.

The reason for my enquiry is I've kind of had buyer's remorse even since I bought it. I had considered getting a Macbook before I got this one, but they were having problems with the white cases on the Macbook. I was looking at possibly picking up a refurbished one from Apple's online store for $899. The 2.0 Ghz dual core one. I was wondering about how much I could get for this Dell if I were to sell it. I know that the longer I wait the less it will be worth. Anyway, I've tried checking on Ebay, but I can't find one with all the specs as mine. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
  2. bravesfan007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 6, 2006
  3. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Probably ~$900-$1,000, Dells (PeeCees) tend to lose their resale values real quick. :eek:
  4. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

Oct 1, 2006
    Brighton, UK
    I'd say the same, maybe $1,000-$1,100.