Resale Value

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bravesfan007, Dec 7, 2006.

1. bravesfan007 macrumors newbie

Currently I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 with a 1.83 Intel Core Duo processor, a gig of RAM, and an 80 GB harddrive. I am running Windows XP Media Center with 128 MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 video card. I have a three year subscription to McAfee Internet Security Suite and Microsoft Office 2003 Student Edition. I added the upgraded display when I bought it for another $64. Of course it has a 15.4 inch wide screen display and a DVD+-RW drive. I also have a three year extended warranty on it from Dell including the spill and drop protection. Pretty much if anything goes wrong with it they will fix it. I bought it in July and the list price was nearly $2000, but I got it for about $1200.

The reason for my enquiry is I've kind of had buyer's remorse even since I bought it. I had considered getting a Macbook before I got this one, but they were having problems with the white cases on the Macbook. I was looking at possibly picking up a refurbished one from Apple's online store for $899. The 2.0 Ghz dual core one. I was wondering about how much I could get for this Dell if I were to sell it. I know that the longer I wait the less it will be worth. Anyway, I've tried checking on Ebay, but I can't find one with all the specs as mine. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    --bravesfan

2. bravesfan007 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Probably ~$900-$1,000, Dells (PeeCees) tend to lose their resale values real quick. :eek:

4. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I'd say the same, maybe $1,000-$1,100.