rescue email address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigchief, Apr 20, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

When I downloaded an app today my iPhone ask for a rescue email address and said it was for added security. Did anyone else get this message?

2. macrumors 68040

Was it the app or Apple? I had one on iTunes on my Mac. Obviously, I ignored as if i lose my password - I want my stuff to be gone for good.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was apple and I received an email from apple stating I had taken the added security step and provided a rescue email address. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

4. macrumors 6502

You don't have to insert a "rescue" email address.

I did find the security question choices rather annoying though.

5. macrumors 68040

I had that today and it pisses me off that I am trying to cut down on email accounts and they want me to use more. I have my gmail (connected to iTunes) and my iCloud. I couldn't use my iCould because it was already connected to iTunes with the gmail. So I had to remember an email that I actually want to use. The questions were a pain also, why couldn't I make my own questions like most places do?

6. macrumors 6502

If you see my previous post, you don't have to use a rescue email. It even says "optional" in the field where you enter the text.

7. macrumors 65816

Dweez

Yes - this morning.

8. macrumors 68040

It wouldn't let me continue, I tried it.

9. macrumors 6502a

reclusive46

Agreed. I couldn't remember half the answers to the security questions it wanted me to add.