ResEdit for OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cb911, Oct 23, 2002.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i need ResEdit. i thought it was with the developer tools, but i looked & couldn't find it.
    i found two resource editor programs on versiontracker: ResKnife 0.4d2 and Resourcerer 2.4.1

does anyone know if these do the same things as ResEdit?

and is there any way i could get ResEdit?

2. Omad0n macrumors regular

There is no ResEdit for OSX and that's cause things are done differently in X. Only reason I know this is cause a friend of mine went through a similar experience.

3. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

there was a program called "MacResourceDog" for osx that allowed you to edit a few resource types, but the author ended development because of a percieved lack of interest. as more applications are written in cocoa, we will not need this type of capability as much, but even mach-o carbon apps like imovie and itunes still have data forks which can be flipped to resource forks and edited in an app like resedit or macresourcedog. even the system has files like this, so it's a shame that apple has not provided an osx version of resedit. i would suggest trying macresourcedog (it's available on vt). it does not work for many resource types, but it may work for the ones you need.

4. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

so ResEdit was provided by Apple for use with OS 9?

oh well, i'm sure i'll find a app that can do what i want.