Reselling used iPhones

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by themich, Jan 12, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I'm based in Europe and have some questions for you:

a) do I need any certification from Apple if I want to buy and resell used Apple devices (primarily iPhones)? The volume would average 10-50/mth, I would buy and sell on local websites similar to craigslist.
    I don't mean to open a brick & mortar store AT ALL, nor do I wish to sell new Apple products, I'm still in college and run a small eBay account with a sole proprietorship.
    Just want to know whether it's allowed by Apple.

b) Can I give my own company's warranty with used items? Naturally, I plan to assist costumers and repair/replace units that have been broken.

Thanks!

2. macrumors 6502a

Apple has no control what you do with their items once they're used.

You're good to go as long as you don't use their logos/names in your business logo/name.

3. macrumors regular

praktical

Selling used iPhones

As long as you maintain a high standard of quality and reliability in your unit sales.

4. macrumors 6502a

This is false. The quality of your work/business has nothing to with whether or not you need a license to resell used Apple goods. Such a license does not even exist.

You should of course work hard, stay in school, and walk the straight and narrow.

I failed to mention in my first post that you can offer whatever kind of warranty you want. I recommend against offering anything longer than 90 (or at the outside 180) days. You're setting yourself up for disaster, especially at that volume.

5. macrumors regular

praktical

iPhone resale

No I didn't mean and stipulation by Apple. What I meant was as a business your personal ethics should be to sell the best quality you can afford to the consumers.
    Sorry if my statement was misunderstood.

6. macrumors 6502a

No worries, that is always sound advice. Sorry I took it in the context of an explicit answer to the OPs questions.

7. macrumors regular

praktical

Reselling

Lol ok man kewl