Reserve Power=Laggy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Saberon, Jun 28, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

First Mac here..

My battery gave me a Reserve Power warning when it got low and I noticed the MBA's performance really went downhill. Menus and scrolling and launchpad were very laggy compared to normal. When I plugged it in, the issue was immediately resolved....I let it charge up to around 25% and unplugged it and it still seems OK. Is this normal behavior?

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it's not normal that performance changes when running low on battery power. Are you certain it wasn't something else using system resources?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Quite certain, there's literally nothing installed except stock Lion programs. It was only in the less than 5% battery life that things got a little choppy. I'd guess most people wouldn't notice but my eye is super sensitive to anything less than smooth.

4. macrumors 68000

i think it's normal. i was playing a game called limbo for hours and suddenly the game was becoming choppy and unplayable, i thought my air was overheating. i quit the game and realized my battery was at 5%. plugged in the charger and the game was ok again.

but i have never experienced slowness in OSX's UI even when the battery was low.