Reset Terminal color/font/display, HOW?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fBaran, Feb 1, 2005.

1. fBaran macrumors regular

I was playing around with Terminal, and change the font without checking the default font and size. Is there a way to "reset" it to be like before? Thanks.

2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Delete the file named com.apple.Terminal.plist located in ~/Library/Preferences

3. fBaran thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks so much!

Query #2) This is my school's telnet thing (I'm new to it, so I don't know terms, etc..). When I type telnet forbin.qc.edu, "Squee" is automatically entered as my login (Squee is my personality name on my iBook, and screenshot is from said iBook). Is there a way to disable that, so that when I telnet in, the login is blank?

My professor showed us throuh an xpbox on a projector, but the personality name was NOT automatically entered (it was left blank, waiting for a login name).

Attached Files:

4. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Interesting.... I telnet'd to said server, and was automatically logged in using my short user name. I would have to assume that that is the fault of the server.... or maybe something to do with telnetting, and OS X.

That would probably be something you need to ask the server administrator about.

Maybe you could use a logout using the 'user' or 'usr' command or the equivalent, then just log on using another account.

Sorry, I don't know much about how to remedy that. :eek:

edit: i wish out school had a telnet server.... or at least an ftp or ssh one but we don't.... :( nice being able to access my Word reports from any computer anywhere. But I guess that's what I have my computer and flash drive for.

5. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

You can get around it by supplying an extra parameter:

Code:
    telnet -l <name> forbin.qc.edu  
    That's a lowercase L as in login. To find out more, type 'man telnet.'

EDIT: <name> of course should be replaced by whatever your preferred login is