Resetting iPhoto Descriptions?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mhaddy, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

Hi guys,

When I import my photos from a digital camera into iPhoto, I always try to enter a Roll Name and a Description for the photos (as adding Keywords to everything is a little tedious). Anyhow, sometimes I'll call the Roll Name "Friends" but it will also contain pictures of my cars, so if I search for "Friends" in iPhoto, it'll also bring up pictures of my cars... which is no good.

Is there a way to reset the Roll Name / Description used when importing photos? Thanks!

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Click the blue "I" at the lower left. An information paine pops up. THen just onvertype the roll name,or the date.

Also you can split a roll into two. Hightlight the images to want to move to the new roll then click "Edit --> Creat Fil Roll".

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Alternatively, select all the pics with your friends in them and do a Batch Process to add a comment to them - 'Friends at my brithday party' or 'cars at the Motor show'. They'll get picked up in Spotlight too - you can add keywords to multiple pics too - just highlight them all and drag them to the keyword.

4. Mhaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Mhaddy