Resetting the default bluetooth cell phone in Address Book

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dj420118, Jul 7, 2006.

1. dj420118 macrumors regular

My address book keeps displaying my old cell phone when i hover over the bluetooth icon. I am able to connect to the phone from the bluetooth preferences panel in OSX but address book just keeps looking for my old phone.

Solution?

Thanks,

Danny

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Don't actually know, but one thing you can look into: Is iSync set up to synchronize your old phone or your new one (or both)?

3. dj420118 thread starter macrumors regular

The thing is i dont necessarily want to sync the phone. I want to be able to have the phone connected to Address Book so i can see who's calling when im in a meeting and send text messages so on and so forth.

Danny

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

That's up to you, but I'm not suggesting that you actually sync it... just look if one or both is added and active.

This is because when I recently got a new phone I added that to iSync and at the same time turned off syncing for my old phone (it still appears in iSync but inactive) and the tool tips on the Bluetooth button in my Address Book now refers to my new phone (and I cannot remember doing anything in Address Book to make it so).