Resident Evil 4 wii edition

Discussion in 'Games' started by mouchoir, Mar 29, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

gonintendo.com have been sent iin a report of a wii edition of RE4 shipping 25/6/07 for $29.99...

Oh let this be true!

2. Guest

Sky Blue

Unfortunately, it was posted on the GameStop (lol) website, they like to make stuff up. Capcom have some gamers day thing in April so hopefully, they'll announce this then.

PS2 extras + remote aiming = me buy again

Gamestop has taken the page down now. Mistake or leak? Time will tell...

3. macrumors 6502a

Rivix

Hey, GameStop has leaked some games out before.

I would buy it again. If i remember, the GameCube version didnt support progressive scan. I wonder if they would put in the time to tweak the graphics...

4. macrumors 6502a

sb58

oh nice :D
    i never bought it the first time and the Wii controller will make it seem more like an arcade game :D sweet.

5. macrumors 604

zap2

I'd buy it...Wii Make say Reggie would call it.

I have the NGC one, but I never finished it, but from what I've play its a good game.

6. macrumors member

Played the original on NGC a little bit. Definitely would consider picking this up. Just hope that they did something to step the graphics up a bit. They were good before, love to see what the Wii could do with them.

7. macrumors 6502a

The GameCube version did support progressive scan, but not 16:9 ratio aspect. I hope they add that in, and add in all the extras that were in the PS2 version, plus a little more? :D

8. macrumors regular

We shall see on April 12 if this is true.

9. macrumors 6502

Stop the presses....you mean the Wii is getting something from Cube or PS2 with slightly updated graphics and motion control???? :eek:

End Sarcasm.

I thought gameplay was paramount guys. Why not save the money and get the cube version ;) . I know, I know...more levels right? :)

Paul

10. Guest

Sky Blue

Blockbuster is listing this too.

11. macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

The Gamecube version of this was superb. After I completed it, there was also an excellent game you could unlock which was a kind of race-against-time to kill as many zombies as you could without getting offed yourself. I may even consider rebuying this to play with a Wiimote.

12. macrumors Core

Dagless

I saw Caroline playing the GC version a while back, looked quite good. But hell if a Wii version is coming out with true Widescreen support then I'd pick that up in a flash! I sort of put off buying Cube games over a year ago since my LCD monitor made them look crap.

13. macrumors 6502a

bowens

I would be saving money by getting the Wii version. I've heard this was an excellent game so I will probably pick it up. I have looked at buying the gamecube version before but when I add up $20 for the game, $15 for a controller, $20 for a memory card, it starts to get expensive.

14. macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Jimmi, I was in GAME during my lunchbreak today, trying to convince myself that I don't need Godfather Blackhand Edition, and I saw that they have a secondhand copy of some sort of promotional compilation of earlier Zelda games for Gamecube , including OoT and three earlier games. I remembered that recently you were looking for something similar for your missus. It was £20. Let me know if you want me to pick it up for you.

15. macrumors Core

Dagless

It's alright Dunepilot, that's all sorted now! Thanks anyroad :)

16. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

If this game is going for a retail price of 15 bucks then sure but if its for full range they can keep it....I flipped it twice for the cube and the wii remote does not justify a purchase.

Bless

17. Guest

Sky Blue

PS2 extras + waggle.

18. macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea saw this on Neogaf earlier. Can't wait! An already (apparently) great game gets the added immersion of the Wii controller. Nice move Capcom.

19. macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

First Umbrella Chronicles Details

Link
    A f'in shooter :mad:

20. Guest

Sky Blue

21. macrumors 6502

I consider this to be very good news. The Wii needs a shooting game, and what better way to start than with a House of the Head style on-rails shooter that even my gf could enjoy without the hassle of the move and shoot controls which are too advanced for her right now. Better this than a Duck-Hunt style game, plus the focus on pure shooting will help get more non-gamers in the franchise and genre and general, paving the way financially for a top-development Resident Evil 5 (or some such) on the Wii with full polish (non-rushed) down the road.

I mean, it's not as if the original Resident Evil 4 needs an overhaul. Changing the aiming so that one can run and shoot at the same time would upset the gameplay balance IMO. It would be made that much easier, requiring tack-on enemies and contrived ammo limitations to compensate for the original awkwardness (i.e. over the shoulder perspective) which some found unsettling in a bad way, and others found unsettling in the best possible (i.e. true horror suspense) way. Part of the fun of the original is what happens when the staggering lean misses the intended shot and hits some other limb or body part instead.

22. macrumors 6502a

$30 is kinda harsh for a port with waggle and some bonus things from the PS2 version.

23. macrumors Core

Dagless

You're joking right? £15 for a Wii game is less than anything else right now. And to say that £15 will get you a Wii enhanced Resident Evil 4 is brilliant. Even that Wii pinball game and Metal Slug. Absolutely incredible for someone like me who skipped out on the Cube version (new TV, Cube didn't look good on LCD, and now I find it disgusting going back to a regular GC controller).

24. macrumors regular

RE:4 is an AWESOME game $30 for this game is a good deal. Unless of course you already played or owned it.

25. macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Since I never bought RE4 for the GC (rented it though and loved it).

This is another reason why I need to get a Wii. Now if I could only get a job...