Resident Evil 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by pgc6000, Jan 2, 2005.

1. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone seen the previews for this game? It looks great. I think I might pick up a copy for my Gamecube. Might.

2. Drgnhntr macrumors regular

Why only might? The game looks excellent, I can't wait to get it.

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Wasn't it supposed to come out at the end of 2004? Does anyone know when it will arrive? I can't wait. It's a definite buy.

4. agentmouthwash macrumors regular

agentmouthwash

it comes out January 12th. I got a preview disc from EB games.. it's really really good - much better then the last RE efforts because the controls are much better. Plus the graphics are the best i've seen on a gamecube.

5. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It depends if I have the money. But my birthday is coming up...

6. msharp macrumors regular

msharp

will this be ported to Mac? or is it coming to mac?

7. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Not going to happen. Perhaps in a distant future. This is a console game. I think only the original Resident Evil came out for PC.

8. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Resident Evil on OS X

Do not hold your breath for it. This is a GameCube exclusive.

If you must play Resident Evil on your Mac then get the PlayStation emulator from the link bellow. Of course you will need to track down one of the Resident Evil games that were released for the PlayStation years ago. Many video games stores still sell PlayStation games, usually in their 2nd hand sections.
    http://home.macvaerk.dtu.dk/~gil/pcsx/

9. BubbaJones macrumors regular

BubbaJones

Actually...

Actually it "was" an exclusive. Capcom is releasing it for PS2 1 year after the Gamecube release.

Oh, and I'm getting it the day it comes out. I've been waiting for this game since it was shown at E3 last year. The graphics look sick!

10. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Not to be rude or anything, but does this have anything to do with Mac gaming?

11. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Well, you're right somehow. It’s just that we're Mac users playing this game on our consoles. But we had console threads before and the majority of users seem to recommend consoles when it comes to gaming anyway.

12. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

We always start threads about gaming that have nothing to do with Mac Gaming.

Right now is a great time to own a cube. RE4 will make those who say "Gamecube is for kiddies" eat their own words.